Creating first-class networks of scientific leaders is just one advantage of being part of EMBL and its member and associate member states. And now, for the first time, an EMBL alumni event will bring together like-minded scientists and their networks in Australia.
Jointly hosted by EMBL and the Garvan Institute, the free event aims to strengthen ties and highlight collaboration and resource opportunities between EMBL, their alumni and their networks in Australia.
The program – scheduled around the dates of the inspiring VizbiPlus and VIZBI conference, as well as Vivid Sydney, the world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas – includes a series of short and informal talks, an exclusive preview to VIZBI, a drinks reception and the opportunity for dinner (at your own cost).
- John Mattick – Executive Director, Garvan Institute;
- Silke Schumacher – Director of International Relations, EMBL;
- James Whisstock – Scientific Head, EMBL Australia Partnership & NHMRC Senior Principal Research Fellow, Monash University;
- Katharina Gaus – Head of EMBL Australia Partnership Node in Single Molecule Science & NHMRC Senior Research Fellow, University of New South Wales; and
- A cross-section of EMBL alumni.
For more information and to register your attendance by 12th May, please visit the event site.